Friday, June 19, 2009

Here are some things that I’ve been thinking about lately. Going into mommyhood I felt like I knew a lot about what to expect. However, there have undoubtedly been some surprises along the way. Here’s a few….

I never realized…


  • I would not only wipe noses, but pick others noses too
  • How much of a lifesaver infant Tylenol would be
  • How much more I would love and admire my husband as I watched him be a daddy
  • How many physical complications one can have postpartum
  • How important it would be to have friends with kids the same age
  • That my ability to trust my pediatrician would directly contribute to my ability to sleep on a frequent basis
  • I would begin to appreciate grocery shopping alone, just because it’s time to think straight (before the baby I despised grocery shopping alone!)
  • How much swings, pack n plays and exersaucers ROCK! Can you say shower, people?!
  • How complicated picking out a carseat would be
  • How much awe and respect I would have for parents of twins, triplets, etc … I don’t know how they do it, I have a hard enough time hauling one kiddo around.
  • How many court shows there are on daytime tv
  • That the right fit and brand of diaper can completely change your life
  • That facebook can help to prevent major feelings of isolation and maybe even stave off some post partum depression
  • Hearing his little sigh when he's sleeping would warm my heart so much
  • How all day long he would be able to communicate with me without using words!
  • Getting him on a consistent nap schedule could completely change my life (we’re still working on this one!)


There are many more to list, but that’s enough for now. Are there ones that you identify with? What are some things that you never realized?

No comments:

Post a Comment