Friday, June 5, 2009

I can hardly believe my boy is now six months old. SIX MONTHS! That's six months of diapers, strange sleep patterns, bottles, and huge changes in my life. But it's also six months of smiles, giggles, bonding, growing and loving unlike I ever have before. Truly, I am a different person than I was six months ago.

The past few months have come with some major changes, some of them being struggles and some of them being welcome differences. I am now a mom and no matter how old he is, or where he is I will always be his mom. Weird, cool, and unbelievable. I've always wanted to be a mom, but I never knew how it would feel. Quite honestly, I still don't know that I could define how it feels. Everyday is different. Yesterday it was run down, like a perpetual smelly burb cloth, and totally done. Today, it's proud, snuggly, and happy. One of the major lessons that I have learned is that every day, every hour, every minute needs to be take step by step. I can plan a day that has many different things in it (not too many, I'm not crazy!) but ultimately, everything depends on him. Which is ironic because while all that I do depends on him, he depends on me for everything! You can't plan around a baby. Naptime is never the same time (in fact many days he skips it altogether!) and teething doesn't happen on my schedule. This has taught me a lot about life and the way I view it. I have walked around for years trying my best to control things... but this is not a good way to go through life. More and more I'm trusting God and others for my day to day and minute to minute activities. There's nothing like a baby to bring you to your knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment