Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's For Dinner

Recently I've been trying to "switch it up" with what we've been having for dinner. Last night, on the recommendation of my sister, we tried pulled pork in the crock pot. It was good... a little spicy (I think we're used to less spice, more sweet), but very delicious. Per my sister's advice I cooked it in the crockpot for 8 hours on low. She said that it comes out tough if you cook it on high for less time.

For the recipe I used a McCormick flavor packet and the recipe below (which is also on the back of the packet).




Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
Makes 10 servings.

You Will Need
3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder roast, well-trimmed
1 pkg. McCormick® Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar


PLACE pork in slow cooker.

MIX Seasoning, ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.

COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pork from slow cooker.

SHRED pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; mix and heat with sauce before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment