Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful? But I'm Nauseous AGAIN!

Being pregnant is something that I've longed for, and it's been for a while now. However, I think that I have finally come to the conclusion that I will never be one of those women who loves pregnancy. So many women have said that they love how they feel while they're pregnant, that the feel so beautiful and sexy, their hair and nails have never been stronger and prettier and that the thought that there is life in their body makes them feel elated.

This has not been my experience.

I have been sick. I have been nauseous, and I am still nauseous. I have been uncomfortable. I have been tired. I have been HUNGRY! And now I can't sleep because every time I fall asleep I have to go to the bathroom AGAIN.

Am I thankful? No, not all the time. Should I be? Absolutely... and all the time.

Philippians 4:4-6 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Keeping an eternal perspective when I'm in week 19 of a pregnancy that has been plagued with challenges, including nausea that goes away long enough for me to have hope that it's gone, then comes back with a VENGEANCE, has been one of the most challenging things that I've ever had to do, and I'm the first one to admit that I'm not doing well with this.God has blessed me with a life that we prayed to receive for 2 years. I am thankful that the Lord has trusted me to take on the role of being someone's mother. What a huge responsibility, and honor, and what a huge challenge.

Pregnancy is preparing me to be a mom. The sleepless nights because I'm up every hour to go to the bathroom is annoying, but if that's all I have to worry about right now, I need to be thankful. Pregnancy is teaching me that giving new life does not come without pain and sacrifice.I'm thankful that Christ was willing to take on the challenges put in front of Him, to deal with pain and sacrifice to give me NEW life. What a blessing. For this I CAN be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment