Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to While He Was Sleeping

I've always wanted to start a blog, and a few months ago I did. However, it wasn't really going anywhere. I was overwhelmed with being pregnant, and really didn't seem to have enough time to even begin to put things into writing. Mostly, I spent 10 months yearning for sleep and praying that I would be healed from whatever ailment was plaguing me that day. So, now that my little guy, Bubba, as we affectionately call him has been born and is adjusting to life, I am excited to be able to launch a new blog, one that I will try to keep more current, particularly during naptime. Hence, the name "While He Was Sleeping..." and the url www. pleasetakeanap.blogspot.com

Bubba is not a very good napper. Well, either that or I'm just not very good at getting him to nap. Either way, most days I wind up asking him, "Honey, please take a nap?!" Of course, he's only a newborn and has no idea what I'm saying. However, that doesn't stop me from talking to him about it and then promptly discussing it with the dog when he doesn't comply. Poor doggie, she hears me complain about stuff all the time. Good thing she gets lots of cookies, and thank God for the dog, it evens out the numbers around here. Two boys, two girls, the dog keeps me sane. Ok, enough about the dog... though she is cute and loves this baby.

So, my hope for this blog is that I'll be able to write about some things that you can relate to, and that I need to get off my chest. I hope that I'll be able to chronicle victories and milestones, and of course post some pictures of my little bubba (and of course, the dog who we now refer to as "the general" as she seems to supervise all interactions with the baby).

I'm going to post some of the old stuff about the pregnancy that I already wrote, but of course that is well over now and while I love the product, I'm not a very good pregnant lady... it was definitely a challenge for me.

Happy reading! I'd love your comments, and feel free to pass this along to anyone who you think might be interested. I'm taking the plunge and going public.

No comments:

Post a Comment