Saturday, November 20, 2010

Because Visiting Santa Makes Me Feel Like Baking

These are my very favorite cookies that my Nana makes and after a trip to see Santa with Joshua today, I was in a baking mood. They're very easy to whip together and I made them because I had all the ingredients in the house.

Oatmeal Lace Cookies

Ingredients

1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups regular oatmeal
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon flour
Stop right there... you must also have parchment paper. If you don't, you must abort the attempt to make these cookies!!

Directions

Preheat oven to 325

Melt butter and pour over oatmeal. Let stand while you combine other ingredients in separate bowl.

Beat 1 egg, add sugar, baking powder, and flour. Mix well.

Combine both mixtures and mix well together.

Drop very small clumps onto parchment paper (this is key, you must use parchment paper). The clumps should be about the size of a finger tip, I use a 1/4 teaspoon scoop to do it.

Cook for 10-12 minutes.

This makes dozens of tiny, crunchy oatmeal sugar cookies. They take a LONG TIME to scoop, but I think they are worth it. Today I also made bigger cookies with the same mix, I just let them cook longer (I think about 15 minutes). They were good, but there's something about the bite sized crunchy goodness of the little ones.

Enjoy! Leave a comment if you want to share any other yummy goodness, if you made these and like them, or if you just want to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment