Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas: Christmas Funfetti


This Christmas I am so excited to celebrate. For the first time Joshua actually understands the real meaning of Christmas. While it's fun for him to know who Santa is, it warms my heart even more than I can explain to hear him singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus."

Though we all seem to be a little under the weather this year, it's been a joy to have Dan home starting on the 23rd so we can start to spend time as a family celebrating. I can't wait to see the look on Joshua's face Christmas morning when we reveal what his big present is, I think he'll be thrilled!

Tomorrow as part of our celebration we'll be having our favorite, funfetti (either a cake or cupcakes) to celebrate the birthday of our King. Extra fun is that the funfetti is red and green, so it's especially "Christmasy."

I hope you have a joyful Christmas and get to experience some of the most special times of your life over the next few days.

I'll leave you with some of my favorite Bible verses ever:

Isaiah 9: 2, 6-7

2 The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! We are having a birthday cake for Jesus too!! If you ask Nicholas who's birthday is Christmas he says "Jesus, God" I love it!! Hope you guys have a blessed Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete