Sunday, December 12, 2010

What's For Dinner: Easy Teriyaki Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner

Tonight we're trying something that I found on the back of the Minute Brown Rice Box. I'm a sucker for any recipe that has the word "EASY" right in it's title. People, that's my speed and my cooking ability level! I'll report back after we eat it about whether or not it's a keeper!


Easy Teriyaki Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner

Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients

1 Tbsp oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup lite teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups Minute® Brown Rice, uncooked
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1/2 cup salted peanuts (optional) I skipped this part


Directions

HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.

ADD water, teriyaki sauce and garlic powder; stir. Bring to boil.

STIR in rice, broccoli and peanuts, if desired; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.

For added color and texture, add diced red peppers and carrots with the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment