Friday, December 24, 2010

What's For Breakfast: Simple Sausage Casserole

This is a simple sausage breakfast casserole that is a favorite at my MOPS group. I made it for the first time today. It must have been good, my hubby gobbled several pieces up! One thing that I can't promise is that it's easy on the waistline. However, you could modify the recipe to use all the lower fat versions of the ingredients.

Simple Sausage Casserole

Ingredients

1 lb Breakfast Sausage (I used a tube of Jimmy Dean which my supermarket has in the frozen section)

2 rolls of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

1 bar (8 oz.) cream cheese


Directions


Preheat oven to 325

Roll out crescent rolls in one piece in the bottom of a 13x9 pan.

Brown sausage, drain, rinse and crumble.

Return to low to medium heat.

Add in cream cheese and heat until evenly melted and mixed with sausage. (I cut the cream cheese up into about 6 pieces and blended it that way, it seemed to make it easier).

Spread out sausage and cream cheese mixture onto flattened crescent.

Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls over the top. Pinch edges like a pie.

Cook in oven until crescent rolls are golden brown. In my oven this took about 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment